My plans for this website
I recently had a lot of thoughts about what I wanted to do with this domain, and since I’m doing art I’ve decided to bring it over here away from my gaming channel blog, and my second life store blog too. Even though if you look at the name of that domain itself. It would make a lot of sense to bring it over there instead of here. I have just opted to bring it over here because I’ve had this domain just sitting here collecting dust of sorts, and with me not making much content for this page with my book reading, and paranormal chat I have just opted to do something more with this. So I will be coming here and talking about my progress as I am still doing my drawings and so forth. Plus it will also be a place that I can showcase the images I’m creating, the supplies I have. I did put my Amazon wish list for art supplies up in a widget. I will be talking about the supplies I have now, and what I am favoring over all the supplies. Right now I’m waiting for my next module to come in the mail.
Watercolor painting is up next
The next module I will be working on when I get it in the mail is working with Watercolor paints. I honestly can’t wait too, because I am really enjoying working with graphite, charcoal, pastels, and even colored pencils. I have never worked with paints, so I’m kind of excited that I will be working with them next. I did not think I would enjoy all the time I’ve had working with various mediums, but I have been enjoying it a lot recently. Is why I’m excited about working with watercolors next. This is what the next lesson will entail.
- Tools and Materials for Watercolor Painting; Mixing Colors and Tonal Values; Using Water; Wash and Drybrush Techniques; Resists, Areas of White, and Layer Masking; Spattering and Backruns; Using Salt; Texture; Line and Wash; Thick and Thinned Gouache
- Viewpoint and Format; Placement of Elements; Focal Point and Perspective; Creating Atmosphere and Mood; Creating Textures; Working with Landscapes; Figures and Portraits; Approaches to Watercolor: Case Studies
- Final Watercolor Assignment – Artwork Submission Project
As you can see this is what I will be doing once it comes in the mail. The good old snail mail that is our mail system. I wish that it was faster, but it is what it is. I am just excited to start the next Module as they call it.
- Types of Painting Surfaces; Painting Implements; Surface Treatments and Grounds; Spatial Effects; Textural Layering; Contrasting Edges, Intensities and Values; Drybrushing; Warm and Cool Hues; Embedding Objects
- Products and Techniques that Add Texture; Crackle Effects; Fresco Effects; Transfers, Collage and Mixed Media; Innovative Stenciling and Line Work; Spraying; Integrating Water-Soluble Drawing Materials; Scrafito
- Customizing Your Paint for Drying and Thickness; “Jackson Pollock” Drips; Staining and Pigment Control; Simulating Other Mediums; Reflective Paints, Magical Effects and Finishing Sheens; Varnishing and Care
- Practical Assignment: Sketching Still-Life Objects Using Techniques Presented Regarding Underpainting, The Modeling of Forms, Edges, and Correcting Mistakes
- Practical Assignment: Painting a Summer and an Autumn View of the Same Subject
- Practical Assignment: Creating a Cloudy, Moody Winter Scene
- Practical Assignment: Painting a Scene that Includes Rocks and Water Viewed from a Medium Range
These are the last two Modules once I get number 3 and I’m hoping by Spring of next year I’ll be done with this course so that I can find another program to start up with. This is my future plans for this website.